Friday, March 16, 2012

Review: Olay Pro-X Facial Cleansing System

I have had this for almost a year... When I bought it, I said I would wait at least a month until I did a review so I knew for sure if I liked it. We all see how that went... Then I said I was going to wait until I had a good skin care routine down and just do a whole post about that. Well it's been 10 months and I am still jumping from cleanser to cleanser. The only routine thing I have is a moisturizer... I had actually forgot about doing it until I was going through my photos to look for something to post about today. But I'm rambling again...
Ever since the Clarisonic became all the rage in the beauty world, I wanted one so bad! But at around $200, I didn't want it that bad lol. I don't remember where I first heard about this one, but I remember that it was being compared to the Clarisonic, so I decided to give it a try.
If my memory serves me correctly, it was around $30. I didn't really expect it to make that much of a difference. I mean, sure I knew it would exfoliate but so does a $3 bottle of St Ives. But after using it just once, I was hooked!


Excuse my horribly chipping polish... 
It runs on 2 AA batteries (included) and now that I think about it, I don't think I've changed them out since I bought it... Also included in the box is a replacement brush and a sample bottle of the cleanser from the same line. I wasn't a huge fan of the cleanser though...
The top button is the power button. Pretty self-explanatory. The other one controls the speed, high/low. The biggest difference I've heard about between this and the Clarisonic (besides price and the brush head is slightly bigger on the Clarisonic) is that this rotates, while the Clarisonic oscillates.
This completely changed my life. And I don't say that lightly. The entire texture of my skin has improved! Plus it helps keep clogged pores and blackheads at bay. It can be used with any cleanser, brand or type. I do suggest though, that if you have overly sensitive skin not to use an exfoliating cleanser with it, as it may be too rough for you. After using it for a few weeks, I felt like I couldn't wash my face without it. It just felt like the cleanser was just sitting on my face and not deeply cleansing it. I got over that finally lol, and am now able to wash my face without it if I'm in a rush. I personally use it just about every time I wash my face, morning and night. Unless I'm using a cleanser that contains salicylic acid (like now) because I find it dries out my skin. Which I believe is the salicylic acid, because my skin reacts funny with it sometimes. But if you have sensitive skin, I would recommend just using it once a day, or even once a week for a deep cleansing until you know how your skin will react to it.
There is something so therapeutic about using it. Especially in the mornings. It just feels like it's getting deep down in your pores and purging out all of the dirt and yuckiness that lives in there. The first time I used it, it sort of tickled my face. It was the weirdest feeling ever, but it was so nice! Now I guess I'm just used to it because it doesn't tickle anymore, it just feels like a little massage.
Like I said above, it comes with 1 brush replacement head, which needs to be changed every 3 months. They also sell just the heads, which come in a pack of two for $10 I believe.

They say that you can either apply your cleanser directly to the brush or on your face. I've tried both and the way I prefer is to rub it all over my face, wet the brush, then use it on high. When done, just rinse the brush out and you're done! This post is getting to be super long, so I will wrap it up by saying this is awesome! Seriously, if anything ever happens to it, I will promptly buy another one. As for how it compares to the Clarisonic, I honestly can't say because I've never used one. But in itself, it is an amazing product! Your skin feels so smooth and clean, but not overly exfoliated (mine doesn't anyway). It seems to make your makeup go on so perfectly! The cleanser, as I said before, wasn't that great to me. It wasn't horrible, just not worth it to be (I believe it's $20). On the box it says you can use any Olay face wash with it, but I'm sure that's just advertising haha. I have used many many brands with it and it worked perfectly fine! Wow, I was supposed to be wrapping up... I just feel like I could rave about this all day! I honestly can't think of a single bad thing about it. Maybe that it's so addictive? Well that is all for now girls and boys! Until next time, <3 Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment