Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Review: MakeUp ForEver Mat Velvet +

Hello Lovelies! Today I will be reviewing the Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Foundation... (this has been sitting in my drafts for quite awhile, simply because I just can't find the proper words to describe it. So forgive me in advance for the poor job I know I will do :)
  1. Price - It is a bit pricey at $34. But I bought it around March, and I've only used about half of it. So it does last quite a while, so you are getting your moneys worth. 
  2. Formula - It's hard to explain... It's thick, but blendable. Like, it isn't one of those thick ones that when you put it on your face, you have to blend straight away or it dries. (I think I'm making it more confusing that it should be...) A little goes a long way with this foundation! 
  3. Coverage - It is definitely a full-coverage foundation! But it's not super cakey. It covers all you need covered, but it leaves a natural looking finish. I don't wear concealer with this foundation. After I apply it, if there are any spots that need more coverage, I just add a tiny bit more over it and it covers perfectly!
  4. Does it last? - Yes! It definitely lasts all day! Which is saying something for me, since my skin has a tendency to get oily throughout the day and my makeup usually sweats off. 
  5. Application - For me, it works best applying it with my fingers. I tried applying it with the Sigma f80, but it just seemed to use more product than necessary, and I didn't get as good of coverage with it. But if you don't like applying foundation with your fingers, I'm sure you could make it work with a brush/sponge. I just prefer my fingers :)
  6. Where to buy - as far as I know, Sephora is the only place that sells this (other than sites like Amazon and Ebay) Since I don't live near a Sephora (insert pity here, lol.) I ordered mine online. I was a bit iffy about picking out foundation online, but they have really nice descriptions that helped me pick out the perfect shade! (#30, Porcelain)
So, final thoughts? I love this foundation! When I first bought it, I said I wasn't going to repurchase since it was so high, but after using it for so long and seeing how long one bottle lasts, I think I will be buying this again when I run out!  Have you tried this foundation? If so, what did you think of it? See you next time! <3 Rebecca

1 comment:

  1. I'm a foundation junkie, I have so many! But I really want to try this brand. :P

    ReplyDelete