Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Mary Kay Vox Box from Influenster (pic heavy)

Hello Lovelies! Today I will be reviewing the Mary Kay Vox Box from Influenster.



The Box included:
  • Mary Kay Lash Primer - $15
  • Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara - $15
  • Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm - $14
  • Mary Kay Cream Eye Color/Concealer Brush - $10
  • Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Rose Cherie - $18


 Mary Kay Lash Primer - First off, I really like the brush. It's very "full" most primers I've tried come with a skimpy looking brush. Second, it's the only primer I've tried that isn't white. It's completely clear. However, I haven't really noticed a huge difference while using this. Below is a photo of my lashes with just the primer (sorry it's so blurry)

In the primer's defense, I have really light lashes so there's not much to see anyways. It does "lift them up" a bit, but that's pretty much it. I haven't noticed it making my mascara last any longer, but I don't really have a problem with smudging/running mascara in the first place. So overall, I'm pretty indifferent to this. Don't hate it, don't love it. I will use it when I want to "put forth extra effort" but I wouldn't cry if I lost it.



Mary  Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara - This I really like. However, if you look at the photo below you will see that it is almost identical to the Covergirl Clump Crusher



The brush and the formula seem pretty similar. I will say though that the Mary Kay does give me a bit more length than the Cover Girl. But with the Mary Kay being $15 and the Cover Girl being only $5, I don't know if I would purchase the MK instead.



Excuse the sloppy application... I took the other photos a few weeks ago, but when I went to type this up I realized I had none of the products actually on, so I threw it on really quick to take one.






Mary Kay Cream Eye Color in Violet Storm - While I am definitely a more neutral girl, when I decide I want color, I always go for purple. So I was super excited to receive this! It is very creamy and easy to blend, but once it dries, it's not moving. It dries pretty fast, but not so fast that you don't have time to blend. My only complaint with this, and it might just be this color, is that it's not super pigmented. It looks it in the swatch, but I applied two layers to my lid, and it doesn't really look like anything's there...

So I would suggest using it more as a base instead of an actual eye color. I really want to try it under Wet n Wild's Kitten, but I haven't yet.





Mary Kay True Dimensions Lipstick in Pink/Rose Cherie - I will go ahead and admit that I am not a lip product person. I just can't pull it off. So I wasn't at all excited about this, especially when I pulled it out and it was bright pink. But it's actually wearable! It reminds me a lot of the Revlon Lip Butters. It's really smooth on your lips and it just leaves a slight tint of color. Now I don't think it's marketed this way, so if you bought it expecting a full on lipstick, you would be disappointed. But it could just be this shade. Below is a photo of it on...

It really reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake Lip Butter from Revlon



 
And lastly, it came with a cream eye/concealer brush. This was probably the most exciting this for me because who doesn't love a new makeup brush? It's very sturdy and densely packed. I haven't tried it for concealer, but I have used it on cream shadows and it works amazing! 


Well that is all I got in my box! If you got one, let me know below what you thought about the products, and if you got the same shades/colors as I did! Until next time, <3 Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment