Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Everyday *straight* Hair Routine

Hello Peoples! I know I have been a salcker lately and I sincerely apologize :-) .... < smiley face makes it all better! Today I will explain my daily hair routine for when I straighten my hair. I was just going to call it "My Daily Hair Routine" but there are many days when I am either lazy (shocker, I know) or I desperately need to wash my hair before I go somewhere but I don't have time to straighten it and I wear it curly, so I decided to to do a two-part thing where I explain both of them. So... here goes.

I start by washing my hair. Here lately I have been using the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew Tone-Restoring Shampoo (it's purple) and the Dove Daily Moisture Deep Conditioner. I bought the conditioner at Walgreens for like $1 something... I was very excited :) It doesn't feel like your typical "daily conditioner" it is very very thick. It reminds me of like a weekly 5 minute treatment or something, which is actually what I thought it was when I started using it. I do like the conditioner that matches the shampoo, but once I used this and saw how awesome it made my hair feel, I was hooked lol. Which is weird because I am not usually a fan of Dove hair products... Anyways... I shampoo my hair twice with the purple shampoo (a little back story on that... when I was little and just starting to wash my own hair, my mother always told me to shampoo twice. It wasn't until I got older and read the bottle that I noticed that it was an option lol. I have tried just shampooing once but it just doesn't feel like it gets my hair as clean (my hair gets oily really quickly). If I wash my hair two days in a row, I will only shampoo once because it isn't really that dirty, but anytime after that, I always shampoo twice... but back to the blog....) After I shampoo my hair, I put just a small bit of the conditioner on the ends of my hair, then I rinse it all out. Then I put a larger amount everywhere except the roots and comb it through.  My hair tangles really easy, and I've found it a lot easier to comb it out with the conditioner on it, instead of waiting til after I shower. Then I rinse all of that out....
I put my hair in a towel and just sit around for about 15 minutes....

Then I apply about a nickel sized amount of Nexxus Sleek Finish Frizz Taming Lotion through my hair from about my ears down, and on the ends of my bangs. Then I put about the same amount or just a little bit more of Pantene Humidity Protection cream (because even in the dead of winter, in Louisiana, humidity will never cease to make you it's bitch...) Then I blow dry my hair. I just brush through it while I'm drying it to semi-straighten it out. Then I spray it with got2b Guardian Angel Heat Protectant. Then just section it off and straighten it with a flat iron. The next day, I just re-straighten it and spray the roots with Pssssst! Dry Shampoo where it is starting to look oily. I usually try to wash it again the next day, but if for some reason I can't I re-spray the roots with the dry shampoo, straighten just my bangs (they don't really qualify as bangs, I just like to call them that because I don't really know what else to call them.. I usually call it "the front of my hair" but it just sounds weird so for now, I am calling them bangs....) and I just put it in a ponytail. Or, if it absolutely has to be washed but I am running low on time, I just wear it curly. And I will tell you how I do that in my next blog! :) Hopefully it won't be a month from now. See ya later! ~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment