Monday, July 4, 2011

It's not you, It's me...

...Well maybe it is you. Hello Darlings! (long time no see... I'm lazy... blah blah blah, on with the post ;-p ) Do you ever buy something just knowing that it is going to become your new favorite thing in the world but when you try it out it totally sucks? I do this all of the time :( Just about everything I buy, I am convinced that it is going to be my new Holy Grail beauty product, and 9 times out of 10 it never is. Usually, I end up liking it, just not as much as I thought I was gonna. But then sometimes there are products I hate so much that I want them out of the house immediately (see, fushigi ball).  These are some of those products... I was going to split them up and do separate posts, but I figured I would never get around to it, so I just combined them all. Enjoy!


i forgot to add this to the original photo, then when 
i found it covered in dust in a corner, i just had to include it...
  1. Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit Scrub - (it says wash, but it is totally a scrub...) Oh how I wanted to love this... And I did love it! For about 2 days. It made my face sooo soft and it smelled awesome!!! Then it happened... My face (mostly around my chin and forehead) was so dry it was unbearable. Not only was it dry, but it had a bumpy kind of rash, and it itched like crazy! Even after I stopped using it, I itched for like a week :( Which has led me to the conclusion that I can't use Salicylic Acid anymore. I think that was why the Biore Astringent dried my face out so bad. I used to never have problems with it. But within the past year, my face has become a lot drier and more sensitive than it has ever been (it's because I'm getting old, I just know it!) But I really haven't used anything containing it in a while and now that I sit and think about it, every product that dried out/messed up my face has had salicylic acid in it. So in this case, it probably is me and not the face wash. If you don't have any problems with SA then I would recommend it :)
  2. Infusium 23 (repair)ologie Leave In Treatment - I bought this at Big Lots a while back because it was like 2 something and you know how I am about things on sale... I liked it because it smelled like the line used to smell back when it was in a white and blue bottle (ahh, memories)  I did not like it because when I would spray it in my hair and just let it air dry, (never tried it while blow drying) when my hair would dry it would look like I had sprayed gel in it or something. And it was semi-crunchy. I did read on the back that you are supposed to "massage" it into your hair, so I tried that the next time and it wasn't as crunchy, but it still just looked and felt weird. I was not a fan...
  3. Pantene Heat Protecting Spray for Fine Hair - I don't really have "fine" fine hair, but it is definitely not thick... The reason I didn't like this was because it left behind a greasy residue in my hair and made it feel weighed down. I don't know how this is marketed towards people with fine hair...
  4. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion - I have seen people talking about this for years but never tried it. I decided to give it a whirl about 2 months ago... It lasted 3 days. I swear this is like putting Crisco on your face. It says it can be used all over the body and that it exactly what it feels like, body lotion. It is super super greasy and it will never soak into your face, I eventually just had to wipe it off. I suppose if your skin was insanely dry, this would be good for you, but I don't see how people with normal/oily skin can use this. Now maybe I grabbed the wrong kind and this isn't what everyone has been raving about, but this is just horrid....



                                                                             <3 Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment