Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Jumping on the Bandwagon...

With all the hype surrounding the Wet N Wild eyeshadows lately, you would think that I would own one of each, right? Wrong. I don't really know why I never got any of them, I look at them every time I'm in Walgreens or Rite Aid, I just never bought any. I bought some blushes, lip products, nail polishes, and other random stuff... but no eyeshadows. (well, I did buy one of the single shadows forever ago but I don't think I've ever used it because it's blue and I never wear blue... come to think of it, I don't know what possessed me to buy blue eyeshadow...) I think one of the reasons I never purchased any was because the one's I liked were similar to things I already owned so I talked myself out of it... Here lately I have been seeing people post about the new collection they are coming out with for Summer, so when I was in Rite Aid a couple days ago I looked to see if they had it. They didn't, ( I don't know if they are just not out yet or if it is going to be a Walgreens thing or what...) but while I was there, I browsed the WnW shelf. They had everything BOGO 1/2 off :) so I finally talked myself into getting the one I had been eying since they came out, a second one that I am pleading temporary insanity about, and some nail polishes.... Here's what I got...

  1. Spoiled Brat - I don't really know what I was thinking when I bought this lol. The hot pink just screamed "buy me!!!" Which is weird because I never wear pink eyeshadow. For those of you that haven't seen it in person, the pink is a lot brighter than it looks in the photo. But I do like the silver and the black, so if I can't make the pink work ( and believe me, if I manage to make this not look like clown makeup, I will definitely be posting pics! ) then I will still be able to get some use out of the other colors. I've just never tried to wear hot pink eyeshadow before. I've seen others do it and it come out looking nice, but I'm just not that confident that I will be able to pull it off...
  2. I'm Getting Sunburned - This is the one that I have been eyeing since they came out. I'm totally obsessed with gold/bronze shadows! But I do have quite a few of them so I just couldn't make myself get this. Oddly enough, the main thing that kept me from caving in and buying was the baby pink shade. Don't get me wrong, I love pink! Just not in eyeshadow form... But as I said before, I am going to experiment around and try to make it look wearable :)
I tried to get swatches on my hand, but my camera would not pick them up properly. I was highly impressed with the above picture though, that is how they look in person (aside from the hot pink). kudos to you, camera!

Then I got some nail polishes...

I had to take one with and without the flash because they weren't coming out right... The top one is how the glitter looks irl, and the bottom is more how the purple/pink one looks :)

  1. Hannah Pinktana - No clue why this is called "pinktana" because it's purple... It's a sheer purple glitter, that I think would be best on top of another color as a glittery pop :) Although, I do have it alone on my nails now because I wanted to see how it looked... I have on 3 coats and it's very light, but I kinda like it :) It's super glittery, but it's very fine glitter, so no disco ball nails lol. 
  2. FuchsiaRama - At first glance, this looks like a really bright purple, but the more you look at it, the more pink it starts to look... I call it purple though. I haven't tried this one out yet, so I don't know how well it applies, but I do have high hopes for it!
Well that's all I have for right now ladies! I will probably be playing with the hot pink shadow for the next couple days and if I have any success I will be sure to post pictures!!! If anyone has any advice on how to apply hot pink eyeshadow and not look like you have pink eye, be sure to let me know! lol. Until next time, <3 Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment